Why Calibration is important and needed?
- Is requirement of your Quality System.
- Is about accuracy of all measuring devices.
- Equipment accuracy will degrade over time.
- Typically caused by normal wear and tear. However, changes in accuracy can also be caused by electric or mechanical shock or a hazardous manufacturing environment (e.x., oils, metal chips etc.).
- Depending on the type of instrument and the environment in which it is being used, it may degrade very quickly or over a long period of time.
- The improtant mindful of calibration is that it's improves the accuracy of the measuring device. Accurate measuring devices improve product quality.
When should you calibrate your measuring device?
A measuring device should be calibrated:
- According to the recommendation of the manufacturer.
- After any mechanical or electrical shock.
- Periodically (annually, quarterly, monthly)
- Requirement of your quality system.
Published : 7-Dec-2020